Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mid-week check in :o)

*Deep breath*
This morning I had a dreaded date with the scale for a mid-week check in with Joe. The sicko that lives inside my head was actually mildly excited since I was anticipating some drop after my weight was up over the weekend...Well, I did drop that pound that I was up, back down to 127.8lbs BUT over all it was still pretty stuck in the scheme of things. As per usual...Joe's morning was started by my miserable check in email, but he followed up ASAP with words of encouragement and more importantly...CHANGES to my program. I know, I'm weird but as much as I love my food, I am happy that he is making tweaks to my macros. Sure, it sucks that some carbs got removed but I want my body to get moving with this shit! So I played with my menu this evening and I'm looking forward to seeing how my body responds to the tweaks over the next few days til I bombard the poor man with more emails over the weekend ;-)


Tues. 1/17:
Steady State Cardio
*With a weekend of posing and training under my belt I was actually welcoming a day of rest from the weights. I still made my way to the gym after work to work up a sweat for 30min...Have I mentioned I hate cardio?!?!?!

Macros:

35g Fat
120g Carb
140g Protein


Wed. 1/18:
Back/Hammies
*After what has been a tough week, mentally this workout was just what I needed. It was a high carb day, I was fueled and even though my head was all over the place I was able to get in a solid training session and began to feel like myself. Physically, the day off yesterday must have done my body some good cause I felt fresh and healthy. I opened with deadlifts and nailed exactly what I had hoped for! I pulled 235 for a pair of singles...between the rib and back injuries I battled with last year, I haven't done that in well over 7 months! My back feels fatigued (obviously) but not sore or painful, I cant ask for more than that. *crossing fingers that I will feel just as healthy tomorrow*
Aside from that, I did pull downs and a few row variations, leg curls etc but the deads were without a doubt the highlight! One thing I don't do nearly enough is stretching so I definitely made it a point to get that in for my low back after my workout.

Macros:

35g Fat
180g Carb
140g Protein


Supplements:
Multi-V and Vit-C
Champion Nutrition Fish Oil
Champion Nutrition AdrenNOl8 (pre workout)
Champion Nutrition Power Glutamine (post workout)
Champion Nutrition Amino Shooter Core (intra workout)
Champion Nutrition Whey (post workout/1 scoop)

No comments:

Post a Comment