Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nobody said it was easy...

This has been the week from hell, one roadblock after another :/

As much as I love planning and organization, nothing ever seems to go as plan and contest prep is no different. Mentally, I am more than ready to get the ball rolling but apparently my body is not on the same page. To kick off my prep, I was greeted by my period...Oh YAY! The scale was up, I'm retaining a ton of water and I feel awful. Now, to add insult to injury I seem to have come down with the flu...body aches, sore throat, congestion and overall I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

But, it is what it is, no excuses.....

Even though I haven't been feeling well, I still got my ass in the gym. After taking a few days off over the weekend and coming off of a deload I would normally be performing at 100% but that's just not the case today. I trained Quads/Calves, but took it easy...Nothing noteworthy, just got the job done. On the bright side, today is a high carb day...unfortunately, I can't really taste anything :( I am also still retaining a ton of water and I am so dehydrated...I am chugging water but cannot quench my thirst.

Squats:
2 warms
125 x 5
140 x 5
160 x 5, 5

Leg Extension:
80 x 12
90 x 12
110 x 10, 10
125 x 8

DB Sumo Squat:
75 x 12
90 x 12
100 x 10, 10

BB Split Squat:
95 x 12, 10, 10

Calves:
5 x Fail

Cardio:
30 min SS (post training)

Macros:
35g Fat
180g Carb
140g Protein

Supplements:
Multi-V and Vit-C
Champion Nutrition Fish Oil
Champion Nutrition AdrenNOl8 (pre workout)
Champion Nutrition Power Glutamine (post workout)
Champion Nutrition Amino Shooter Core (intra workout)
Champion Nutrition Whey (post workout/1 scoop)

No comments:

Post a Comment