Sunday, March 18, 2012

7 Weeks Out!

My head is on a roller coaster ride, so consider that a warning before you continue reading....

This weekend, I am already 7 Weeks out from the Pro Bowl and I really can't believe it!
I had another solid week, weight continues to drop and I am sitting at 115.5lbs as of yesterday morning!!! My body is responding to the program the Joe has laid out, so there haven't been many tweaks or changes to the plan of action and I'm pretty much flying on auto pilot right now...eat, pee, train, pee, cardio, pee, somewhat sleep, pee and REPEAT!

This weekend I also went to posing class for the first time in a couple of months and it was a few hours I desperately needed. I got some great feedback on my physique and the changes that I am making with my posing to really display myself in the best possible way. Like I said in my previous blogs, I have not been practicing posing like I should be and with just 7 weeks left, it's time to get serious about it. I'll be damned if I bust my ass to get on stage, only to fuck it up by not hitting my poses dead on or by not having the stamina to withhold a long comparison round. Right now, my conditioning and transitions need work so I'll start hitting it a few times a week.

The last week I've pretty much been all over the place mentally...

One minute I'm feeling great about my progress and then the next, I just wonder if I'll be ready or if I'm even going to be bringing anything to the stage.
I finally mustered up the balls to try on my suit and here I sit, 7 weeks out and a good 5-6lbs HEAVIER than where I was the last time I competed and GASP that fucker fits!!!!!! I literally could not believe my own eyes when seeing myself, my jaw dropped..I shocked myself. Now, in typical Nic fashion I am FAR from content..and that moment of pride is quickly fleeting as I think that I look really little..skinny and skinny is NOT cute in my book. I can still see the fat clinging on for dear life to my ass and hammies..overall, I feel "skinny fat" and that just pisses me off. The reality is my body has changed so much over the last year+ that I sometimes have to step back at realize that I am a never-ending work in progress...Today, I sit in the BEST shape of my life so while I'm not where I want to be, I am confident that I am on my way.

Overall, things are coming together at a fairly consistent pace and while this prep hasn't exactly been stress free it has been pretty painless....thus far ;-) I've had my moments of beaming smiles and moments of tears...I'm sure there will be more of both over the course of the next 7 weeks but what can I say? It's just what I do....I fuckin love this shit <3

As per the boss, the plan remains unchanged til my next check in on Wednesday....

Macros:
35g Fat/105g Carb/140g Protein (low)
35g Fat/130g Carb/140g Protein (med)
35g Fat/155g Carb/140g Protein (high)

Cardio:
3 45 min SS sessions per week
3 HIIT sessions per week

Supplements:
Multi-V
Champion Nutrition Fish Oil
Champion Nutrition Thermo Gold
Champion Nutrition BCAA caps
Champion Nutrition Muscle Nitro PM
Champion Nutrition Power Creatine
Champion Nutrition Power Glutamine (post workout)
Champion Nutrition Amino Shooter Core (intra workout)
Champion Nutrition Whey (post workout/1 scoop)

No comments:

Post a Comment